Susie Putnam, one of Sabrina’s friends at Baxter High and a founding member of the school’s newly formed WICCA club. Brave and optimistic despite being bullied at school, Susie lives on a farm at the outskirts of town and deals with a terrifying supernatural threat at home.
Theo was born as Susie Putnam in Greendale, but identified as non-binary from a young age. He would later identify as a transgender boy. He was raised by a single father as it's unknown what happened to his mother. However, through most of Theo's adolescence, he and father have been caretakers to Jesse Putnam who apparently snapped one day after an shift in the mines. Despite being friends with Harvey, Theo wasn't allowed to tell him about Jesse since his father owns the mines and Theo's father knew that Harvey's father would deny any apparent wrongdoing. Theo then started attending Baxter High and found a good group of friends sticking by them. Despite his friends, he has endured bullying by members of the football team.
Throughout Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Theo is petite, standing at 5'1 and has bluish-gray eyes. Even as a young child, his haircut has been the one constant throughout his lifetime until Theo got a buzz cut to make him look more masculine.
Theo is a young student at Baxter High and one of Sabrina, Roz and Harvey's best friends. Independent and courageous, Theo is on a journey to discover an identity that can better define emotions, sensations and desires that characterize him, defying the binary gender norms of male and female. Theo's journey, however, is not at all easy and some more than others are willing to make it even more difficult. While Sabrina struggle with her witch nature, Theo is going through hell at school where football players are constantly harassing him for not fitting a specific idea of gender roles. For example, they lifted Theo's jumper to see if he had breasts or not. Physical and verbal abuse are part of Theo's daily life, despite Sabrina and Rosalind's attempts to make things easier and Principal Hawthorne turning a blind eye. He is also facing a distressing situation at home where uncle Jesse, who always struggled with his own gender identity , became horribly ill after witnessing something at the Greendale Mines and Theo's father decided to send him to a mental asylum that triggered painful emotions in Theo. Although Theo is a human, supernatural events didn't cause much of a shock. Indeed, conversations with Nana Ruth but especially with his ancestor, Dorothea Putnam seems to have helped Theo discover new sides of his personal identity.
Powers and Abilities
- Limited Mediumship: After going through his ancestor Dorothea Putnam's personal belongings, Theo is able to see the ghost of Dorothea and is able to communicate with her.
- Theo is figuring out his gender identity, but currently identifies as a male. 
- Lachlan Watson influenced Theo's "queer journey". In the original script, Theo identified as a transgender man and came out in the first few episodes. After conversations between Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Lachlan, writers decided to develop the character's journey to a slower pace. 
- In the course of the series, Theo has been bullied and misgendered (using a word that doesn't correctly reflect the gender with which they identify) either intentionally and unintentionally by several characters such as Principal Hawthorne and some Baxter High Ravens.
- Despite Theo's best friends using feminine pronouns during Part 1, Theo seemed delighted when Nana Ruth and Dorothea used masculine pronouns instead, taking their comments as compliments.
- Fans of the animated series have found Theo comparable to Perry "Pi" McDonald since both characters are androgynous.
- See also: Category:Images of Susie Putnam
Part 1 Screencaps
Part 2 Screencaps
- ↑ 25 Things You Need To Know About The New "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" Series - BuzzFeed
- ↑ Conkel, Joshua & Kaufman, MJ (writers) & Talalay, Rachel (director) (October 26, 2018). "Chapter Six: An Exorcism in Greendale". Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Part 1. Episode 6. Netflix.
- ↑ Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Lachlan Watson and Chance Perdomo on their characters' gender and sexuality
- ↑ Susie's Journey On 'The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina' Is An Honest Look At Being Non-Binary & That's Exactly What Lachlan Watson Wanted