The school was the complete opposite of Riverdale High School, in the sense that it is chaotic and has a poor reputation. It also had a group of other students, alongside of the Southside Serpents, known as the Ghoulies.
At the entrance of the school, students were put through scanners, due to the violence in this school, considering that the majority of Southside Serpents and the Ghoulies called this place their school, and the amount of drugs that have been passed around.
Southside High also used to have a school newspaper, known as the "Red and Black", like the "Blue and Gold" at Riverdale High. However the "Red and Black" was shut down due to students using drugs and not having an interest in journalism. Jughead convinced Mr. Phillips to re-open the school newspaper, as well as have Toni Topaz support him as the official "Red and Black" photographer.
Mayor McCoy has since deemed Southside High as a public health hazard, claiming toxic fumes were coming from the "methamphetamine lab" in the basement. Students of Southside were transferred to other schools in the district, including Riverdale High. Following its closing, Sierra awarded the deed to Hiram and Hermione Lodge.
It was later revealed that Southside High was closed down to make way for Hiram's private, for-profit prison, Lodge Detention Center, that would be build on the bones of the school. Jughead rallied the Serpents and protested the scheduled demolition of Southside High, however, the wrestling team, led by Archie Andrews saw an end to that.
- "Chapter Sixty-Six: Tangerine" (mentioned)
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert (writer) & Toland Krieger, Lee (director) (May 11, 2017). "Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 13. The CW.
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Talalay, Rachel (director) (January 31, 2018). "Chapter Twenty-Five: The Wicked and The Divine". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 12. The CW.
- ↑ Allen, Aaron (writer) & Piznarski, Mark (director) (March 14, 2018). "Chapter Twenty-Eight: There Will Be Blood". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 15. The CW.
- ↑ DeWille, James (writer) & Shilati, Sherwin (director) (March 21, 2018). "Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 16. The CW.