Rosalind is Sabrina’s human best friend. Brash, empowered, and outspoken like her Black Panther parents, Rosalind is keeping a secret from Sabrina and the rest of her classmates—that she is not-so-slowly losing her eyesight, a fact that will put her immortal soul in jeopardy.
Rosalind was born in Greendale and became friends with Sabrina Spellman, Susie Putnam and Harvey Kinkle. She was apparently closer to her Nana Ruth than her own parents who tried push her into activities that were uninteresting to Roz's nature. At some point, she got glasses and learned of an genetic blindness in her family that affected all biological Walker women, causing them to go blind as young adults, resulting in Roz to become an bookworm as she wanted to fully enjoy reading before she herself became blind. She eventually enrolled into Baxter High and unknowingly started tapping into her powers having cryptic dreams about Sabrina. Early into her sophomore year, Roz learns that her sight is deteriorating, meaning she would soon become totally blind.
Throughout Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
After watching Night of the Living Dead at the movies, Rosalind, Sabrina, Harvey, and Susie are discussing the film's broader themes in response to Harvey's question about the slow-moving zombies. Sabrina notices that Susie grows uncomfortable as they pass a few of the football players from school, and so Sabrina comforts her. It's while doing so that Sabrina accidentally bumps into her teacher Ms. Wardwell, who she invites with them to discuss the movie at Cerberus Books. Ms. Wardwell politely declines the offer on account of all the papers she has to grade. After she leaves, Roz asks Sabrina why she would invite Ms. Wardwell. Sabrina responds by saying that she feels bad about the fact that Ms. Wardwell lives alone.
At Cerberus Books, Rosalind, Sabrina, Harvey, and Susie are still discussing Night of the Living Dead. Rosalind and Susie argue that the film was about both zombies and the Cold War. The collapse of the nuclear family.
Rosalind, Sabrina, and Harvey meet for lunch, where they continue to dig deeper into problems surrounding them. The football team is only the symptom. The disease goes much deeper, into the bedrock of the school. Sabrina wants to fight it by creating a club for young women to boaster each other, where they can discuss issues they’re facing and come up with proactive solutions. Rosalind adds a club to topple the white patriarchy, which confuses Harvey. Sabrina believes this club could offer true change for them so that none of them will ever feel alone again. However, Rosalind worries that Hawthorne will intervene. He wouldn’t even allow Roz to start a Daughters of the Black Panthers club last year. Sabrina explains that she has a plan to get past Hawthorne. She insists that they do this before Friday, right in time for Sabrina’s birthday, which both Harvey and Rosalind want to throw her a party for. However, Sabrina has plans with her aunts that are years in the making.
Sabrina and Rosalind arrive at school to find out that Principal Hawthorne won’t be coming in. According to Mrs. Meeks, his assistant, Hawthorne had a shock. Sabrina and Rosalind inform her that they have a club proposal they were hoping to get approved, and so Sabrina and Rosalind are able to get approval for their club from Vice Principal Glover. Afterward, they inform Susie and the three of them being preparations. Susie hopes that they aren’t going though all this trouble just for her. Sabrina and Rosalind explain that the club is long overdue as 53% of Baxter High is female. So now, they all have a legitimate sisterhood backing them up. The name of the group is WICCA. The Woman’s Intersectional Cultural and Creative Association. Sabrina is then called into Ms. Wardwell’s office.
Roz is the tallest among her girlfriends at 5'5 and has natural curly hair. She has brown eyes and wears thick clout glasses due to her slowly deteriorating eyesight.
Rosalind is Sabrina Spellman's best friend. She is very self-confident, loyal, caring, and intelligent. Rosalind fears the day she loses her eyesight like all women in her family, though she remains strong, and even begins to have an understanding of this affliction that has haunted her family for years when she learns from her Nana Ruth that the women in her family have the gift to see things that others one can not, such as ghosts. She is initially skeptical until she starts receiving visions of her own. It was through her visions that she discovered that Sabrina was a witch. Nonetheless, she accepted Sabrina despite her many secrets, speaking to Rosalind's character.
Powers and Abilities
- The Cunning: A term coined by her Nana Ruth, which allows Rosalind to see things that others can not, such as visions and ghosts. All the women in her family possess this ability, which doesn't manifest until after they start to become blind.
- Visual Linking: From practicing her cunning abilities, Rosalind can share her Cunning Visions to others at will.
- Mediumship: From practicing her cunning abilities, Rosalind can see ghosts.
- Precognition: From practicing her cunning abilities, Rosalind can see future events.
- In the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic series, Rosalind is a Caucasian redhead who's little more than an annoying Sabrina Spellman's classmate at Baxter High. In the TV series, she's an African-American young woman, and she's described as "the brash, empowered and outspoken daughter of Greendale's minister and Sabrina's best friend at Baxter High."
- Rosalind has been compared to Dreama of the 1996 Sabrina the Teenage Witch series because of their supernatural abilities.
- See also: Category:Images of Rosalind Walker
Rosalind Walker's Gallery Can Be Found Here. The Gallery May Consist of Promotional Images, Screencaps, and Video Clips Released By Network Officials
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: More Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Breakdowns For Harvey Kinkle And More
- ↑ Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Krieger, Lee Toland (director) (October 26, 2018). "Chapter One: October Country". Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Part 1. Episode 1. Netflix.
- ↑ 'Riverdale' Spinoff Casts Sabrina's Best Friend (Exclusive)