The Red and Black
When Jughead Jones approached him to ask about joining the school's newspaper, since he was a former member of "The Blue and Gold" at Riverdale High, Mr. Phillips revealed that he was the former advisor for the school's newspaper, "The Red and Black", but due to budget cuts and students not having an interest in it, the school decided to shut it down. However, Mr. Phillips said he'd reconsider the restoration of the school newspaper.
He later met up with Jughead, granting him permission to reopen the school newspaper, under certain circumstances; no gangs and no Jingle Jangle. If he saw Jughead trafficking in either, there'd be no writing for the newspaper anymore.
Jughead wrote an article and gave it to him to proofread and check to see if it's good enough for the newspaper to publish. He said it was great, but revealed to Jughead that he knows about his initiation into the Serpents.
Robert Phillips was a man in possibly his early or late 30s, and had a quite defined jawline. He had black hair that was combed back. Robert had never been seen outside of school campus, so it's not known what he wore, but in school, he was quite formal, with a dress shirt that may be topped with a sweater with one part unbuttoned.
At first, he was portrayed as a noble person who disliked all of the crime happening in the Southside and he didn't want Jughead to be involved in it. However, it has since been revealed that this was all a front considering the fact that he was the Sugarman.
- "Chapter Sixteen: The Watcher in the Woods"
- "Chapter Nineteen: Death Proof"
- "Chapter Twenty: Tales from the Darkside" (archive footage)
- "Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors" (mentioned)
- The character has the same first name as its actor; Robert Baker.
- ↑ Maxwell, Ross (writer) & Sullivan, Kevin (director) (October 25, 2017). "Chapter Sixteen: The Watcher in the Woods". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 3. The CW.
- ↑ Williams, Tessa Leigh & Anderson, Arabella (writers) & Kiley, Maggie (director) (November 15, 2017). "Chapter Nineteen: Death Proof". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 6. The CW.
- ↑ DeWille, James (writer) & Wilkinson, Dawn (director) (November 29, 2017). "Chapter Twenty: Tales from the Darkside". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 7. The CW.