"SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE INSTIGATING A WITCH-HUNT." — From Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and the writers of the popular CW series Riverdale comes the MUST-READ, ongoing comic series set in the universe of the SMASH HIT TV show. There's an outbreak in Riverdale! With most of the students of Riverdale High quarantined due to a freak, widespread case of mono, the school's production of The Crucible is compromised. That won't do for aspiring star Cheryl Blossom – and she plans on doing whatever it takes to discover who patient zero is.
- Concept Script: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
- Writer: Greg Murray
- Artist: Thomas Pitilli
- Colors: Andre Szymanowicz
- Letters: John Workman
- Cover: CW Photo Cover – Josie McCoy
- Variant Cover: CW Photo Cover – Betty & Veronica
- Chief Executive Officer/Publisher: Jon Goldwater
- Chief Creative Officer: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
- Editor-In-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- The story between Josie and Reggie started in Riverdale #5 continues in this issue.
- Riverdale High was about to stage a school-play inspired by The Crucible, a 1953 play by Arthur Miller about a fictionalized version of the Salem witch trials, and critical allegory to McCarthyism.
- The Crucible is also the subtitle of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – Volume One.