|This article is about the town. You may be looking for the TV Series, or the comic book series.|
|“||Riverdale would no longer be 'the town with pep'. From now on it would be known as 'the town that dreaded sundown'.||”|
|— Jughead in narration[src]|
Riverdale is a small town in the United States, founded in 1941.
Riverdale was founded in 1941 by General Augustus Pickens and bankrolled by Barnabas B. Blossom. The town is divided into two parts. The north side, where the rich live and the south side, where the poor live, is the home to the Southside Serpents.
The Northside appears to be more livable and prosperous, and crime rates are significantly lower than the Southside, according to the USA 2010 Census Bureau. On the other hand, the Southside is rougher and tougher for the citizens who live there. It is also home to several criminal gangs such as the Southside Serpents and Ghoulies, who are involved in drug trafficking and other illicit activities that come secretly across the Northside boundary. Because of this, the Southsiders are usually frowned upon by the Northside, due to the way they live and are generally accused of criminal activities that occur on the Northside of Riverdale.
Both sides generally kept their noses out of each other's business. However, things changed when a dangerous criminal known as the Black Hood started committing violent crimes, generally occurring on the Northside only, and towards sinful people. For this reason, relations between the two sides of the town have become noticeably harsh, assuming complicity on the part of the Southsiders. After recent events, however, the tensions between the two cause riots to break loose.
- Cricket Blossom
- Bedford Blossom
- Paul Boucher
- Darla Dickenson
- Rupert Chipping
- Francis DuPont
- Bret Weston Wallis
- Donna Sweett
- Joan Berkeley
- Nick St. Clair
- Simone St. Clair
- Xander St. Clair
- Hermosa Lodge
- Fester Blossom
- Small Fry Boucher
- Mr. Kinkle
- Harvey Kinkle
- Dr. Cerberus
- Hilda Spellman
- Sabrina Spellman
- Ambrose Spellman
- Elio Grande
- Mrs. Mulwray
- Ms. Wright
- "Chapter Fifty-Eight: In Memoriam"
- "Chapter Fifty-Nine: Fast Times at Riverdale High"
- "Chapter Sixty: Dog Day Afternoon"
- "Chapter Sixty-One: Halloween"
- "Chapter Sixty-Two: Witness for the Prosecution"
- "Chapter Sixty-Three: Hereditary"
- "Chapter Sixty-Four: The Ice Storm"
- "Chapter Sixty-Five: In Treatment"
- "Chapter Sixty-Six: Tangerine"
- "Chapter Sixty-Seven: Varsity Blues"
- "Chapter Sixty-Nine: Men of Honor"
- "Chapter Seventy: The Ides of March"
- "Chapter Seventy-One: How to Get Away with Murder"
- "Chapter Seventy-Two: To Die For"
- "Chapter Seventy-Three: The Locked Room"
- "Chapter Seventy-Four: Wicked Little Town"
- "Chapter Seventy-Five: Lynchian"
- "Chapter Seventy-Six: Killing Mr. Honey"
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- "Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in New York" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Two: You Can't Hurry Love" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Three: What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Six: Mama Said" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Eight: It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Ten: Gloria" (mentioned)
- According to the cast of the show, Riverdale is located somewhere along the East Coast.
- According to Riverdale #8, the town of Riverdale is located North on the West Side Highway of the New York State Route 9A.
- In "Chapter One: The River's Edge", the town is described as being located near Rockland County, making it close to the Archie Comics' headquarters in Pelham, New York
- In the same episode, Kevin mentioned two night clubs, a strip club called The Ho Zone and a "tragic gay bar" called Innuendo.
- Riverdale is considered the "Murder Town of the World", as an inside joke to it's high death rate.
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps