Riverdale is a book series tie-in to the Riverdale television series, that launched on August 2018.
The Riverdale book series debuted with an in-world guide and later released Riverdale: The Day Before, a novel written by author Micol Ostow that acts as a prequel to the events of the first episode.  A second novel written by Micol Ostow was released on May 28, 2019, entitled Riverdale: Get Out of Town. A third novel, written again by Micol Ostow was released on October 15, 2019, entitled Riverdale: The Maple Murders. A second in-world guide was released on December 3, 2019. A fourth novel, written again by Micol Ostow was released on May 5, 2020, entitled Riverdale: Death of a Cheerleader.
Scholastic has acquired world and all language rights to publish original fiction and companion books based on the CW series Riverdale. The publishing program began August 28, 2018, with the release of the Riverdale Student Handbook.
Archie Comics CEO and Riverdale executive producer Jon Goldwater had this to say - “Partnering with Scholastic has always been a dream for Archie Like us, they’re leaders and innovators in all they do, and we feel there’s a strong synergy between our brands. When this opportunity first arose, we knew Scholastic would be the perfect home for expanding the stories and world of Riverdale through prose novels and other exciting formats. It’s a major partnership and the beginning of a great relationship between two iconic companies.”
Added Debra Dorfman, Vice President and Publisher of Global Licensing, Media and Brands at Scholastic: “I grew up reading Archie Comics and always wanted to be Veronica. When I heard that Riverdale was going to be a new teen drama I immediately knew that Scholastic and Archie would make great partners. Both companies have been able to withstand the test of time, creating life-long readers and fans.” 
- Riverdale: The Day Before
- Riverdale: Get Out of Town
- Riverdale: The Maple Murders
- Riverdale: Death of a Cheerleader
- Riverdale: The Poison Pen 
- This is the second tie-in to Riverdale released by Archie Comics, this time in association with Scholastic. They already launched a tie-in comic series in April 2017.
- Scholastic to publish original Riverdale fiction and companion books - Entertainment Weekly
- The gang goes on a freaky road trip in new Riverdale novel - Entertainment Weekly
- The Maple Murders (Riverdale, Novel #3) - Amazon
- He Loves Me, She Loves Me Not (Riverdale) - Amazon
- Death of a Cheerleader (Riverdale, Novel #4) - Amazon
- Scholastic Riverdale Novel #5 - The Poison Pen by Caleb Roehrig
- Scholastic Companion Book #2 - He loves me, She loves me not by Jenne Simon