Riverdale: The Ties That Bind is an original graphic novel based on the hit CW series Riverdale. It's part of the Archie Blue Ribbon, a partnership between Archie Comics and Little Bee Books. The title was released on April 14, 2021.
Archie’s second original graphic novel features the world of CW’s Riverdale! Four interconnected stories trap each of our main characters in a unique high-stakes conflict over the course of a few pressure-cooker hours!
Jughead’s locked in and left behind with Moose at Stonewall Prep, Veronica is trapped with Cheryl at a nearby suburban shopping mall, Betty and Polly are stalked by a possible madman when a girls’ night goes horribly awry and Archie is held hostage by a ‘long lost relative’ of Fred's who’s come to town seeking payback of any and every kind.
Will Archie and company even make it to sunrise? If they do, will they ever be the same again?
- Writers: Micol Ostow
- Artist: Thomas Pitilli, John Workman, Andre Szymanowicz
- Colors: Andre Szymanowicz
- Cover: Thomas Pitilli
- Chief Executive Officer/Publisher: Jon Goldwater
- Chief Creative Officer: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
- Editor-In-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Originally, the novel was expected to be released in 2020 but was delayed by the coronavirus shutdown.
- The release date was moved to February 17, 2021, before being delayed again.
- The novel takes place towards the beginning of Season 4.
- ‘Riverdale’: Cheryl and Veronica Team up in This Exclusive Comics Preview - Decider
- ‘Riverdale: The Ties That Bind’ Takes You Back to Senior Year With This Exclusive Preview - Decider
- Archie Comics Launching Graphic Novel Line With 'Betty and Veronica,' 'Riverdale' Titles (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter