On July 8, 2020, the network announced that the series was cancelled, and would not return for a fifth part. According to Ross Lynch, who portrays Harvey Kinkle, the series "probably would have had 10 more episodes had COVID not happened."
Over the course of Part 4’s eight episodes, The Eldritch Terrors will descend upon Greendale. The coven must fight each terrifying threat one-by-one (The Weird, The Returned, The Darkness to name a few), all leading up to…The Void, which is the End of All Things. As the witches wage war, with the help of The Fright Club, Nick begins to slowly earn his way back into Sabrina’s heart, but will it be too late?
|1||"Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Eldritch Dark"||Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa & Gigi Swift||Jeff Woolnough||December 31, 2020|
|As an all-consuming darkness trickles into town, Sabrina grapples with feeling like the odd witch out — and makes a risky plan for a whirlwind trip.|
|2||"Chapter Thirty: The Uninvited"||Katie Avery||Alex Pillai||December 31, 2020|
|A grim visitor sends Roz and Harvey into a panic. Elsewhere, Sabrina reconnects with an enemy from her past, and Aunt Hilda's wedding day arrives.|
|3||"Chapter Thirty-One: The Weird One"||Jenina Kibuka||Lisa Soper||December 31, 2020|
|The next terror graces Greendale. Sabrina bonds with a new classmate… and finds herself in a squeamish predicament. Roz uncovers a shocking truth.|
|4||"Chapter Thirty-Two: The Imp of the Perverse"||Christianne Hedtke||Antonio Negret||December 31, 2020|
|Panic turns political as Sabrina and Roz run for Baxter High co-presidents. Harvey struggles with Roz's reveal. Blackwood takes control of the terror.|
|5||"Chapter Thirty-Three: Deus Ex Machina"||Elle McLeland||Amanda Tapping||December 31, 2020|
|Sabrina encounters a surprise at school — and faces a pivotal decision. Theo explores the perks and pitfalls of Robin's time in the mortal world.|
|6||"Chapter Thirty-Four: The Returned"||Oanh Ly & Ross Maxwell||Catriona McKenzie||December 31, 2020|
|As Sabrina longs for a piece of her past, vengeful visitors return to Greendale. The Fright Club competes in a life-or-death battle of the bands.|
|7||Chapter Thirty-Five: The Endless||Donna Thorland & Matthew Barry||Kevin Sullivan||December 31, 2020|
|In an alternate universe, Sabrina Morningstar meets a cast of familiar faces — and investigates the thin line between fact and fiction.|
|8||Chapter Thirty-Six: At the Mountains of Madness||Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa||Rob Seidenglanz||December 31, 2020|
|The darkest days of the void arrive as Sabrina struggles with grief and regret. Can she summon the strength to overcome an endless cycle of destruction?|
- Netflix announced that the series had received a renewal for Parts 3 and 4 on December 18, 2018.
- Filming began on October 7, 2019 and ended on February 22, 2020.
- It was shot back-to-back with Part 3 after a short hiatus, concluding the second season.
- Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa teased that Part 4 is a "demonic" version of The Crown with an H. P. Lovecraft vibe and that, by the end of the season, it will be clear which of Sabrina’s lovers is her endgame.
- Describing Part 4, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa said, "Each part has its own kind of identity, and Part 4 is different from Part 3, where a lot of it was set in Hell, we still have that. But each episode of Part 4 is like its own mini horror movie."
- Part 4 Release Date - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (@sabrinanetflix) - Twitter
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been renewed for 16 more episodes! Production begins next year and the next batch will air in two parts: Parts 3 & 4.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Cancelled at Netflix; Final 8 Episodes to Premiere in Late 2020 - TVLine
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ star says 10 more episodes were planned pre-COVID - NME
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ Canceled By Netflix, Final Episodes To Debut Later This Year - Deadline
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 3 Wraps Filming, Began Part 4 - HollywoodNorth
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Filming Part 3 & 4 - PopHorror
- ‘Sabrina’ Boss Says Season 4 Will Be a ‘Demonic’ Version of ‘The Crown’ With an ‘HP Lovecraft Vibe’ - The Wrap