|“||You know what? I've heard it all before. You know, too soft, too fem, too gay, too skinny... Thank you, very much. But I don't care, 'cause I know I'm good enough. And, for the record, those queens in the village have more talent in their acrylic pinky nail than most of the people in this theater. If you all can't see talent when it's right in front of you, then I'm sorry, but you don't deserve to have me in your chorus. And mark my words one day you will know my name. Ginger Lopez. And you're gonna see it in lights! Carnegie Hall, bitches!||”|
— Ginger to Mannequin's casting director[src]
Jorge is an aspiring musical theater actor who moonlights as a drag queen named Ginger Lopez. He often performs at the local bar, Molly's Crisis, where he also bartends.
By day, Jorge works at his family's bodega. By night, his drag alter ego Ginger bartends and performs at a local club. Jorge always has aspired to be a Broadway performer, but he's now looking to take his drag career to the next level.
Jorge is the youngest of six boys. He grew up with his brothers and parents, Luisa and Luis Lopez, both working at their bodega. Throughout his childhood, his dad used to point out Jorge's lack of masculinity, especially compared to his brothers, more fitting their stereotypical gender role. At 14, Jorge came out as gay to his parents and they didn't take it very well. They threw him out of the house. Jorge was taken in by his best friend Katy, who he's known since the 3rd grade, and her mom, Katherine Keene, and lived with them until he began to start talking again with his parents. Upon Katherine's death, Jorge and Katy continued living together.  Jorge started working at Molly's Crisis as a bartender. He also performs there as a drag queen named Ginger Lopez while trying to get a job at Broadway.
Throughout Katy Keene
Jorge is a young man with olive skin, short, curly black hair, and brown eyes. He often wears revealing clothes, specifically crop tops. Ginger on the other hand is much more extravagant and flashy, wearing bright color dresses and colorful wigs.
Jorge has a sweet, sensitive, determined, theatrical and ambitious personality. Jorge always looks for a chance to show his talents, whether at a Broadway audition or when he performs as a drag queen. He is also very proud about the fact that he’s gay and doesn’t let anyone make him feel ashamed of himself.
Jorge has a complicated relationship with his parents. He is the youngest of six boys and the least masculine, much to his father's disappointment. Throughout his childhood, his dad used to point out his lack of masculinity, especially compared to his brothers, more fitting their stereotypical gender role. When he was 14 years old, Jorge came out as gay to his parents and they threw him out of the house. Jorge lived with his best friend Katy until he began to start talking again with his parents. While his mother was far more accepting of him being a drag queen, his father was initially much more reluctant but has come to realize that he must accept Jorge the way he is.
Katy is Jorge's closest friend from her childhood. They met in the 3rd grade and have been best friends ever since. Jorge even stayed with Katy and her mom for a period of time after being thrown out by his parents when he revealed to them that he was gay. They grew up together and their friendship continued. As they became adults, they moved into an apartment together in Jorge's parents' building. In spite of everything, Katy has remained supportive of Jorge and often designs his dresses for his drag shows.
Jorge and Pepper are close friends, though he hasn't known her nearly as long as he's known Katy. He met Pepper well into adulthood and became fast friends. However, Jorge didn't know as much about Pepper as he thought. In fact, he knew very little, and what he did know of her, most of it was a lie in order for Pepper to maintain her high profile "it girl" image. In reality, she'd run scams and commit fraud in order to get by. When Jorge discovered this, he began to question his friendship. However, Jorge eventually forgave her.
Jorge and Buzz had a slightly complicated relationship as Jorge wanted to make their relationship official, but Buzz was still in the closet and afraid of what coming out might do to his reputation and his job. They'd been together for long time with just a sexual relationship, and Jorge wanted more. So he invited Buzz to his drag performance at Molly's, but when Buzz didn't show, Jorge broke up with him, though the two remained cordial. They'd even go on to have a threesome with Bernardo.
Jorge met Bernardo after burning his hand in the oven one evening. The fire department was called, and Jorge was treated by Bernardo. Jorge joked that this would be the end of his hand modeling career, but Bernardo assured him that he’d be fine. Not long after, he and Bernardo began dating. Shortly after meeting Buzz, the trio would have a threesome and begin discussing the possibility of going public as a throuple. However, Buzz had no desire to move forward. Jorge eventually began to display jealous tendency and didn't take well to all the attention Bernardo would receive. This would cause a strain on their relationship and lead to them breaking up. Bernardo later approached Jorge hoping for a fresh start, but Jorge wanted to work on himself.
- "Chapter Sixty-Nine: Men of Honor" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Eighty-Three: Fire in the Sky" (mentioned)
- "Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in New York"
- "Chapter Two: You Can't Hurry Love"
- "Chapter Three: What Becomes of the Broken Hearted"
- "Chapter Four: Here Comes the Sun"
- "Chapter Five: Song for a Winter's Night"
- "Chapter Six: Mama Said"
- "Chapter Seven: Kiss of the Spider Woman"
- "Chapter Eight: It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)"
- "Chapter Nine: Wishin' & a Hopin'"
- "Chapter Ten: Gloria"
- "Chapter Eleven: Who Can I Turn To"
- "Chapter Twelve: Chain of Fools"
- "Chapter Thirteen: Come Together"
- His parents own the apartment building he, Josie, and Katy live in. They also own the Bodega restaurant downstairs.
- He came out as gay when he was 14 years old.
- Jorge shares his drag queen name with Ginger Lopez, a former River Vixen at Riverdale High in Riverdale.
- His friend KO believes Jorge will be the next Billy Porter.
- See also: Category:Images of Jorge Lopez
- 'Katy Keene': Jonny Beauchamp & Julia Chan To Star In CW's 'Riverdale' Spinoff - Deadline
- Will, Ewing (writer) & Lowrey, Jessica (director) (March 26, 2020). "Chapter Eight: It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)". Katy Keene. Season 1. Episode 8. The CW.
- Richardson, Leo (writer) & Shiraki, Ryan (director) (March 5, 2020). "Chapter Five: Song for a Winter's Night". Katy Keene. Season 1. Episode 5. The CW.
- Aguirre-Sacasa, Roberto (writer) & Gregory, Smith (director) (March 19, 2020). "Chapter Seven: Kiss of the Spider Woman". Katy Keene. Season 1. Episode 7. The CW.