|“||Even though we were twins, I used to demand I have my own birthday party. Until one year, out of the blue, Jason convinced me we had to combine them into one. It wasn't until years later, I found out why. It was because no one wanted to come to mine. And Jason didn't want me to know. He protected me. Every single day. I wish, that day at the river, I had protected him. I'm so sorry, Jay-Jay. We failed you. All of us.||”|
|— Cheryl at Jason's memorial[src]|
Jason was the son of Clifford and Penelope Blossom, and the twin brother of Cheryl Blossom. He was captain of the school water polo team and a member of the Riverdale Bulldogs. He supposedly died under mysterious circumstances when he fell from a boat into Sweetwater River on July 4th, prior to the start of the series. But as it turns out, he died a week later around July 11th when he was shot by an unknown assailant. He is also the late father of Polly's twins, Juniper and Dagwood.
Jason grew up in Riverdale, alongside his twin sister, Cheryl Blossom. Prior to the start of the series, he was in a relationship with Betty Cooper's sister, Polly. According to Betty, he meant the world to her but she meant nothing to him. The relationship ended badly, Cheryl speculated that Jason was likely the reason that Polly suffered a nervous breakdown and was sent to live in a group home.
When Jason and Cheryl were younger, their mother would take them upstairs into their rooms, where she would tell them bedtime stories about the Sugarman, her very own concocted version of a child's Bogeyman, in an attempt to turn an all-too-real monster into something less. Little did Jason know at the time, the Sugarman was real, and looking to protect them from the danger that followed was their mother, who sent Jason and Cheryl into their rooms whenever he would visit Thornhill.
After Fred Andrews suffered a gunshot wound during a supposed robbery at Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, Fred had a number of odd dreams during his drift in and out of consciousness — one of which included Jason, who sat in the crowd, alongside his father, as Archie and Veronica got married.
Jason appears in Archie's dream. He sits at the table alongside Cheryl, Penelope, Clifford, Reggie, Hiram, Hermione, Alice, Hal, Pop Tate, Kevin, Tom, Sierra, FP, Jellybean, Toni, Jughead, Betty, and Mary in his dining room. Archie asks where his father is, to which Arti replies that Archie was supposed to go get him.
At Thistlehouse, Cheryl awakens to find her mother, father, brother, and her Nana Rose standing at the end of her bed. Penelope has Julian in hand, explaining that they’ve come to give Julian Cheryl’s body.
Jason was a moderately slim young man of medium stature, around 6' 1", with pale skin, red hair, and steel blue eyes. Ironically, despite his leading position on the Riverdale Bulldogs, he was not an especially muscular individual. He was often seen wearing his blue and gold varsity jacket though. According to Veronica Lodge, Jason was "crazy handsome", and Cheryl agreed, saying that he was the "handsomest".
As Jason was killed prior to the start of the series, not much information about his personality was known at first. His personality was deduced through his interactions with other characters. He bullied Jughead at school from time to time. However, according to Cheryl, he was the best brother anyone could've asked for, and was a genuinely nice person who didn't deserve to be tortured and murdered. Jason was very protective of his loved ones, especially Cheryl. When they were younger, Cheryl insisted on having separate birthdays from Jason despite the fact that they were twins, until one year, he randomly recommended that they combine their birthdays into one. It was not until years later that Cheryl discovered the reason for this was that no one would come to her birthday. Jason protected her feelings whenever he thought it was needed.
|“||Turns out, maple syrup was a front for his true business. Transporting heroin from Montreal on his trucks. A narrative quickly emerged. That Jason Blossom learned about dear old Dad's drug running, and threatened to expose the truth. Which led to Jason's abduction at the hands of a Southside Serpent named Mustang. And then to Jason's murder at the hands of his father.||”|
|— Jughead Jones and Alice Cooper about Jason and Clifford[src]|
The father-son relationship between Jason and Clifford Blossom was riveting, to say the least. Little is known of their relationship but it is presumed it was filled with hatred despite the fact that according to Cheryl, Jason was the golden-boy who could do no wrong. Jason was being groomed by his father to take over the family business. However, Jason didn't share this desire and this led to his demise, at his own father's hands. Upon learning of his father's illegal transportation of heroin to Montreal on the maple trucks, Jason attempted to run away and start his life over with his then pregnant fiancée, Polly Cooper. Unfortunately for Jason, his father learned of his plan to run away, ultimately resulting in Jason's untimely death.
|“||How dare you, Alice Cooper! Printing my son's autopsy? He was tortured and shot, and thrown in the river like a piece of garbage.||”|
|— Penelope scolding Alice for printing Jason's autopsy[src]|
The mother-son relationship between Penelope and Jason is mostly shrouded in mystery. It is currently unknown exactly how close they were before his untimely death, but Penelope was devastated to learn of Jason's murder. Notably, Jason was the family heir, who according to Cheryl was the golden-boy. So it can be presumed that Penelope looked favorably on him. Although, approaching Jason's death, their relationship seemed to have soured as Jason was set to leave town, going so far as to fake his own death in order to be rid of his parents.
- "Chapter Fifty-Eight: In Memoriam" (corpse and dream)
- "Chapter Fifty-Nine: Fast Times at Riverdale High" (corpse)
- "Chapter Sixty: Dog Day Afternoon" (corpse)
- "Chapter Sixty-One: Halloween" (corpse)
- "Chapter Sixty-Three: Hereditary" (corpse and dream)
- Jason was in an independent study program with Geraldine Grundy while at Riverdale High School. She considered him to be inspirational.
- After his body is found, Jason Blossom is buried in the cemetery on the grounds of Thornhill. Prior to the discovery of his body, his parents buried an empty casket.
- According to Cheryl, Jason always adored the drive-in.
- Jason is older than Cheryl by three minutes.
- Jason has never spoken on-screen.
- To date, Riverdale: The Day Before portrays the only time Jason Blossom has spoken in the show's universe.
- In the Archie Comics, Jason Blossom is Cheryl's arrogant twin brother and make their first appearance in Betty & Veronica #320 in October 1982. The same month, Jason also appears in Jughead #325, in the story titled "Barely Friendly".
- In the comics, the Blossoms live in Pembrooke, the rich side of Riverdale and Jason and his rich friends refer to the other side's citizens as "Townies".
- In the 2019 Blossoms 666 comic book, Jason and Cheryl have another twin, Julian. In this series published by Archie Horror, the three of them compete for the title of Anti-Christ.
- In the comics, Jason's love interest is Betty, not Polly despite Veronica was closer to his social status. This often cause him to fight with Archie, who's also in love with Betty.
- See also: Category:Images of Jason Blossom
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps
Season 3 Screencaps