|“||Being a personal shopper at Lacy's isn't some side hustle or stepping stone, it's a career. I'm not interested in promoting someone whose focus is split. Back in the day, Lacy's would only employ single girls. Husbands and children were seen as distractions. Of course, we can't say that now-a-days, but I do need people like myself. Committed. 100%. When I die, I want them to scatter my ashes here, at Lacy's.||”|
She is Katy's boss and mentor. Gloria was a well known personal shopper at Lacy's until being fired for a public scandal. However, with Katy's help, she was reinstated and appointed as head of the department.
A legendary personal shopper at the luxury department store Lacy's, which caters to the rich and famous. Always impeccably dressed and the queen of her domain, she demands a level of excellence from her "girls," young assistants that few can provide.
Throughout Katy Keene
Gloria is a middle-aged woman with pale skin, blonde hair, and brown eyes. She has a fancy and luxurious wardrobe, consisting of everything from stylish dresses to expensive heels.
Gloria is rude and blunt. She often talks down to people she considers beneath her and holds herself up high on a pedestal. Gloria is a heavily career-driven woman who has dedicated her life to Lacy's, putting her career ahead of family. She even said she would like her ashes to be scattered at Lacy's. Although Gloria appears cold and distant, she cares a lot about her assistant, Katy and offers her valuable advice despite her hiding them behind sneaky remarks. Like when she told her not to give up during her apprenticeship with Guy LaMontagne.
Gloria has an exquisite taste in fashion, and has been able to keep the department store afloat even in times of crisis by offering haute couture to wealthy clients like Xandra Cabot. She also worked hard to secure Prince Errol's purchase from Lacy's for his engagement and marriage to Patricia Kline, despite Gloria and Amanda considering Patricia a nobody. Gloria suffers from migraines, especially when she hears complaints from employees.
Gloria is Katy's boss and mentor, who Katy looks up to and is greatly inspired by. Their relationship has developed since Katy first began working at Lacy's, where Gloria initially saw Katy as nothing more than another one of her girls, who were replaceable. Since then, Katy has proven her worth and skill, resulting in her gaining a certain level of respect from Gloria. Katy even helped Gloria gets reinstated as head of personal shopping at Lacy's after she was fired. Gloria sees Katy's potential and wishes to see her prosper.
- "Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in New York"
- "Chapter Two: You Can't Hurry Love"
- "Chapter Three: What Becomes of the Broken Hearted"
- "Chapter Four: Here Comes the Sun"
- "Chapter Five: Song for a Winter's Night"
- "Chapter Six: Mama Said"
- "Chapter Seven: Kiss of the Spider Woman"
- "Chapter Nine: Wishin' & a Hopin'"
- "Chapter Ten: Gloria"
- "Chapter Eleven: Who Can I Turn To" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Twelve: Chain of Fools" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Thirteen: Come Together"
- Gloria first appeared in the Archie Comics Katy Keene #30 issue.
- In some of the more recent comics, her last name was changed to Gold.
- Gloria serves up '40s- and '50s-inspired styles, some of which are direct copies of ensembles in the comic mixed with contemporary designs.
- In the comics, Gloria was a rival to Katy Keene in her modeling career. Unlike the TV series, they're about the same age and their rivalry is similar to that between Katy and Amanda.
- See also: Category:Images of Gloria Grandbilt