|“||If you publish a story saying I fired that gun, my life will be ruined. I'll be banished from the Adventure Scouts, and charged with a misdemeanor. So, what if I have a better story? If I tell you what I know, promise me the gunshot stays between us.||”|
Dilton was a student at Riverdale High School, a leader of the local boy scout troop, and a member of The Red Circle, a group of boys that aim to take down the Black Hood. Dilton was a survivalist and conspiracy theorist with a passion for firearms. He was one of the first to become obsessed with the return of Gryphons and Gargoyles in town, and died in a ritual sacrifice to the Gargoyle King.
Dilton presumably grew up in Riverdale. However, little is known about his home life, such as family, and he does not seem to have any friends. Dilton's biggest priority appears to be his devotion to boy scouts, although, recent events have shown that DJing at least seems to be a hobby of his.
A little more than eight years before the events of the first season, eight-year-old Dilton was revealed to have been going on an annual memorial weekend camping trip, a tradition begun by his father who had been an adventure scout. His father was unavailable due to a business trip, and had to ask his uncle Dan to take his place. On the second day of their trip, Dilton, his uncle Dan and a few of the other participants encountered an accident during the annual whitewater rafting excursion. His uncle's body was recovered later that day. As a consequence of those events, Dilton's father would become intent on his son being prepared for the worst-case scenario to the point that he actually faked himself being tied down to an Improvised Explosive Device that he forced Dilton to disarm. In an even more severe case, he actually forced Dilton to blindfold himself before leaving him stranded in Fox Forest for at least nine days until Dilton worked up the courage to find his way home. 
Dilton is a lean young man of medium stature, who has pale skin, black hair and brown eyes. He's very skinny, but a hardcore survivalist at heart. Dilton is often seen wearing glasses, and his Riverdale boy scout troop uniform.
Being a hardcore survivalist, Dilton believes in doing whatever necessary in the course of standing his ground. With the direction Riverdale was headed in, he thought it best to teach young children how to fire a gun, which he later lied about to both Sheriff Keller and Jughead Jones, making him both a liar and public menace. Dilton is also quite the opportunist, he held on to the information that he had of Geraldine Grundy being at Sweetwater River on July 4th, until revealing this served him best.
- "Chapter Thirty-Six: Labor Day"
- "Chapter Thirty-Seven: Fortune and Men's Eyes" (corpse)
- "Chapter Thirty-Eight: As Above, So Below" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Midnight Club" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Forty: The Great Escape" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Forty-One: Manhunter" (photo and mentioned)
- "Chapter Forty-Three: Outbreak" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Forty-Nine: Fire Walk With Me" (name seen)
- "Chapter Fifty-Three: Jawbreaker" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Fifty-Five: Prom Night" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Forty-Six: The Red Dahlia" (archive footage)
- "Chapter Fifty-Seven: Survive The Night" (archive footage)
- "Chapter Seventy-Three: The Locked Room" (mentioned)
- In the Archie Comics, Dilton Doiley, is a geek who is frequently harassed by Reggie Mantle and shares a close friendship with Moose Mason. He is also not much into girls, though he dated Cheryl Blossom in the 90's comics after they were paired online due to sharing similar interests.
- Dilton has a major role in Archie's Weird Mysteries, an animated series based on the comics with a Sci-fi tone.
- Dilton is more involved with Archie and the Gang in the comics than he is in Riverdale.
- In "Chapter One: The River's Edge", Dilton was portrayed by Daniel Yang but was replaced by Major Curda from "Chapter Three: Body Double" onwards.
- See also: Category:Images of Dilton Doiley
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps