"Chapter Eleven: A Midwinter's Tale" is the eleventh episode of the first season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and the eleventh episode of the series overall. It premiered as a Christmas special on December 14, 2018.
The Church of Night, like all covens, celebrates the Winter Solstice — the longest night of the year — when families gather together around the Yule Fire to sing pagan carols, tell ghost stories and huddle against the supernatural creatures that come out to cause mischief. Since the Winter Solstice is when the veil between this world and the next is at its thinnest, it's the perfect time to conduct a séance — which Sabrina convenes, to try and contact her mother. But the holidays are also a time for guests and visitors — both welcome and unwelcome — and you never know what might come down the chimney.
To be added.
- The episode title comes from Kenneth Branagh's 1995 British romantic comedy film of the same name.
- Notably, the film was known by a different title upon its release in the United Kingdom — In the Bleak Midwinter.
- The opening credits include a new scene depicted in the comic art style wherein Sabrina and her aunts watch Santa and his reindeer passing through the night sky.
- Though he does not appear in the episode, Jedidiah Goodacre is credited as guest starring.
- This is the first episode where a main cast member does not appear, as Richard Coyle is credited but does not appear in the episode.
- The trailer for the episode (that was released on December 4) included a scene that depicts Sabrina wearing a white gown as she watches a man hand over a baby to what appears to be the Dark Lord. This scene does not appear in the episode at all.
- On November 21, the Satanic Temple reached an amicable settlement with Warner Brothers over the use of the Baphomet with Children statue. A spokesperson for the Temple stated that the statue would get proper credit in the credits for the subsequent episodes of Sabrina. True enough, this episode reflects such acknowledgements in the episode's credits and is the first to do so.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Conjures a Christmas Special — Watch Teaser TVLine
- ↑ Satanists & Warner Bros “Amicably” End $50M ‘Sabrina’ Copyright Battle – Update - Deadline