The Blossom Family is one of the founding families of Riverdale. They are the largest and oldest family in the town of Riverdale, after coming from an unknown location and settling in Riverdale to create what is now known as the Blossom Maple Farms.
The Blossoms are also related to the Cooper Family, as generations ago, the family split in two after one Blossom brother murdered the other. Penelope has referred to their family has been cursed after its known history with the Blossom brother killing the other and Clifford killing his son Jason as she told her daughter Cheryl.
Frustrated by their history of their family killing their own blood relatives, Cheryl took it upon herself to start over with a new beginning. After the death of her father, she burned the Thornhill down to ashes.
Nearly a hundred years ago, the Blossoms founded the Maple Syrup business in Riverdale, which resulted in almost instant success. However, the two Blossom brothers and their families fought one against the other, for their activity of Maple Syrup, this, brought a brother to kill the other. After the murder, one side of the family severed ties with the other and took on a new name - Cooper. They also told their children that the Coopers and Blossom were two separate families, with no relation to one another, choosing to conceal their family ties over telling them the truth.
Generations later, history was on the verge of repeating itself again with the two Blossom brothers, Claudius and Clifford. Growing up, Claudius would describe them as "a modern-day Romulus and Remus". Eventually, however, it became clear that their parents were grooming Claudius to inherit the Blossom business empire. On their 14th birthday, while down by Sweetwater River, Clifford threatened Claudius with a rifle, telling him of the "Blossom curse", in which one twin often met a violent end, often at the hands of the other. Although Clifford spared Claudius' life, Claudius was terrified enough to run away from home that very night. Claudius joined the Merchant Marines, and traveled the world, hoping to avoid the curse. Claudius' disappearance devastated his mother, who could not even bear to speak his name. Clifford, who went on to inherit the Blossom business, never even told his children, Jason and Cheryl, of Claudius' existence.
The two rival families - the Coopers and the Blossoms - crossed each other's path again when Polly Cooper and Jason Blossom, who were unaware that they were related, fell in love. Their relationship was frowned upon by their families, and each did everything they could to break the two up. However, Polly revealed to Jason and her family that she was pregnant. The two got engaged and planned to run away together, get married, and raise their children on a quiet farm far away from Riverdale. Their dream was quickly ended when Polly's parents, Alice and Hal, sent Polly to a group home known as the Sisters of Quiet Mercy. Polly's pregnancy was kept a secret from the Blossom's and the world.
On July 4th, the twins Jason and Cheryl Blossom went for a boat ride on Sweetwater River, that ended disastrously when the boat tipped over and Jason allegedly drowned while fetching Cheryl's glove. It wasn't until months later that the truth was revealed when Kevin Keller and Moose Mason discovered Jason's body at Sweetwater River with a bullet in his head, revealing that he did not drown, but had actually been murdered. Then it was revealed that he was not killed on July 4th but a week later.
After a long investigation, it was revealed that Jason's killer was none other than his own father, Clifford. Another reason that Jason wanted to run away was that the Maple Syrup business was actually a front for drug business, which Clifford was participating in. Clifford killed Jason to prevent him from telling anyone. Upon being discovered, Clifford hung himself in the barn before he could be arrested. Cheryl, being increasingly traumatized after a failed suicide attempt, as well as neglect from her mother, Penelope Blossom, burned down the Thornhill the next day.
Cheryl and her grandmother Rose Blossom escaped the fire unharmed, but Penelope was burnt when she went back inside to save the family portrait. With her mother incapacitated, Cheryl found herself able to take charge of the family, and blackmailed Penelope into lying that the fire was an accident, in exchange for her hiding Penelope's secret about Clifford's death. After Penelope healed, the Blossom Women moved to the Thistlehouse mansion, where Penelope and Cheryl have started to mend their relationship.
However, any hope of mending ended with the return of Clifford's secret twin brother, Claudius, who conspired with Penelope to gain full control of the family. They attempted to do so by killing Rose and having Cheryl committed. However, Rose survived the attempt on her life and Cheryl was rescued by her friends. Cheryl then went for and gained emancipation from her uncle and mother, resulting in Rose becoming Cheryl's sole guardian and Claudius and Penelope forced to leave Thislehouse.
- Barnabas B. Blossom — Colonel Barnabas was Jason and Cheryl's great-great-great-grandfather. He was also responsible for bankrolling General Pickens's settlement of Riverdale. Jughead, however, published an exposé that painted him in a different light than that of the Blossom family knew, that he hired General Pickens to steal the land from indigenous people, the Uktena. Penelope cites that not only did they acquire the maple trees that sustained their multiple generational business, but they obtained dark, fertile Earth and a mighty river. The Blossoms had a hand in everything from building railroads, operating the saloons and even a brothel, all of which contributed towards the success and future of Riverdale.
- Great Grandfather Blossom (Unnamed Blossom) — Of the Blossom lineage, Jason and Cheryl's great-grandfather is infamously known for murdering his own brother (Louis' father, also known as great-grandfather Cooper) due to greed and hate over their shared business venture of selling and trading maple syrup. Since the event, it caused a rift in the family. He is also the uncle of Louis Cooper. Hal revealed that great-grandfather Blossom was in fact murdered by his grandfather, not the other way around. Due to the murder, he took on the Cooper name as a new identity.
- Louis' Father (Unnamed Blossom) — Otherwise known as great-grandfather Cooper, details surrounding Louis' Father remain largely unknown, though he and great-grandfather Blossom were brothers in business together. Together, they profited in selling and trading maple syrup until, one day, he was murdered by his own brother in cold blood. Due to the murder, it caused a rift in the Blossom family and his sister-in-law severed ties with the Blossoms and their name. This resulted in his son, Louis, to take a new surname, "Cooper". This was later revealed to be a lie, that in fact he murdered his brother, great-grandfather Blossom, and took the new identity of Cooper.
- Clifford's Father — Not much information is known about Clifford's father. When his father killed his brother (Louis' Father), his cousin dropped the Blossom name. At some point in time, he met and married Rose and had a son named Clifford.
- Rose Blossom — Rose is presumably the eldest living Blossom. As stated by Cheryl, Rose has gypsy blood, and currently practices old gypsy myths. She also has dementia and lived at the Thornhill. She is the mother of Cliff and Claudius Blossom and the grandmother and great-grandmother to the twins, Cheryl and Jason Blossom, and Juniper and Dagwood, respectively.
- Harrison — Harrison is a member of the Blossom family and either the brother of Clifford's father or Rose, though which is currently undetermined. Penelope mentions that he is Cheryl's great uncle and that he sits on the board of the Brandenburg Music Academy, which she admits they an excellent summer program.
- Cricket — Cricket is a member of the Blossom board of trustees. After Jason's death, she and other members of the board descended upon Riverdale to review Clifford and his hold on the company. Beyond this pertinent fact, nothing else is known about her. After the authorities had concluded their investigation into Clifford's side business, Cricket, along with the other members of the Blossom family, returned to Riverdale for Clifford's public will-reading.
- Bedford — Bedford is a member of the Blossom board of trustees. After Jason's death, he and other members of the board descended upon Riverdale to review Clifford and his hold on the company. Penelope also referred to him as "Uncle Bedford", though if this is in relation to Clifford or Cheryl's uncle, remains unclear. Additionally, he was aware of Clifford's attempt at getting back the drive-in land from Hermione Lodge, though his involvement with Clifford is unknown. After the authorities had concluded their investigation into Clifford's side business, Bedford, along with the other members of the Blossom family, returned to Riverdale for Clifford's public will-reading.
- Claudius Blossom — Claudius was Rose's estranged son and twin brother to Clifford. At the age of fourteen, it became apparent that he was being primed to inherit the Blossom empire; however, Clifford revealed to him the "Blossom Curse" while at rifle point. He explained that one of the twins usually met a violent end at the other's hands, though Clifford spared him. Later that night, he ran away from home and joined the Merchant Marines, hoping to outrun the curse. After Clifford's secret will was released and the family gathered to Riverdale, he too returned, surprising those in attendance that were unaware of Clifford's twin brother. Like his brother before him, his death was staged to look like suicide when in fact he was murdered by Penelope. She knew Claudius was responsible for everyone's seizures due to the runoff into Sweetwater River from his Fizzle Rocks operation from the Blossom maple factory. Claudius had every intention to continue to poison the town with drugs and she thought it was fitting that poison be his end as well.
- Cliff Blossom — Clifford "Cliff" was the son of Rose Blossom and the previous owner of the Blossom Maple Farms. He grew up in Riverdale and married his high school girlfriend, Penelope Blossom. They had two children, the twins Cheryl and Jason. However, Cliff had begun to use the Blossom business as a front for his own agenda - smuggling drugs across borders. His son Jason discovered this, which resulted in Cliff murdering Jason to cover it up. After this was revealed, Cliff was murdered by Penelope with pufferfish poisoning. His death was staged as a suicide by hanging.
- Penelope Blossom — Penelope is an orphaned child who was taken in by the Blossom family due to her red hair and pale skin. She was introduced to Clifford under the pretenses of eventually marrying him. She grew up in Riverdale and attended Riverdale High alongside Clifford Blossom. During this time, she dated Cliff, and the two eventually married and had two children together, Cheryl and Jason Blossom. She is also an owner of the Blossom Maple Farms.
- Cheryl Blossom — Cheryl is the teenaged daughter of Cliff and Penelope Blossom, and fraternal twin of Jason Blossom. Cheryl was extremely close to Jason growing up, and they would have done anything for each other. Upon learning of Jason's relationship and later on his plans to run away with Polly Cooper, Cheryl planned to help him escape Riverdale and their family. The plan was to row across Sweetwater River on July 4th and drop Jason off at the other side, and afterward, Cheryl would tip the boat over and say that Jason fell into the water and drowned trying to fetch her glove. It wasn't until months later that she discovered that Jason had actually been murdered. Later, she would discover that her father, Cliff Blossom, murdered Jason. She currently attends Riverdale High School, where she is the most popular girl at school. She is also currently the captain of the River Vixens.
- Jason Blossom — Jason was the teenaged son of Cliff and Penelope Blossom, and the fraternal twin to Cheryl Blossom. Jason was born and raised in Riverdale, where he attended Riverdale High School and was a member of the Riverdale Bulldogs until his death on July 11th. He is currently buried in the Blossom Cemetery behind the Thornhill. Jason was romantically involved with Polly Cooper, although his parents despised it. The two loved each other, and when Polly told Jason that she was pregnant he was thrilled. They even planned to run away together, get married, and raise their children somewhere far away from Riverdale. However, Jason needed money to do so, and went to the Southside Serpents to strike a dead; he would drive and deliver weed in exchange for money. Jason's sister Cheryl would row him across Sweetwater River and then claimed that he drowned. In the meantime, Jason would get into a getaway car and leave town with Polly. But, after the Serpents realized who Jason was, they kidnapped him before he could reach the car and planned to hold him for ransom. The plan changed drastically when Cliff Blossom arrived at the Whyte Wyrm and murdered Jason. His body was later dumped in Sweetwater River and discovered months later by Kevin Keller and Moose Mason.
- Juniper and Dagwood — The children of third cousins Jason Blossom and Polly Cooper. They were conceived sometime before July 4th, and their current birth date is unknown.
- Louis Cooper — Louis was related to the Blossom Family and when his father murdered his uncle, he or his mother changed their last name to "Cooper" as a new identity. His cousins retained the Blossom name and the two families have since been divided. Louis would go on to continue the Cooper name by having a son named Hal. Hal later revealed that Louis was the Riverdale Reaper and murdered the Conway family because they attempted to blackmail him for knowing their family secret.
- Hal Cooper — Hal is a distant relative of the Blossom family and a member of the Cooper Family. He was born and raised in Riverdale and is the ex-husband of Alice Cooper, as well as the father of Polly and Betty Cooper. He owned Riverdale's local newspaper, The Register with his ex-wife, Alice.
- Alice Cooper — Alice is the ex-wife of Hal Cooper and an in-law to the Blossom Family. She was born in Riverdale where she attended Riverdale High. She later married her high school boyfriend Hal, and the two had two children together - Polly Cooper and Betty Cooper.
- Polly Cooper — Polly is the daughter of Hal and Alice Cooper and the mother of her and Jason Blossom's twins. Polly was in love with Jason and planned to run away with him. However, her parents intervened and sent her to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy instead, where they planned to give the babies up for adoption. Polly would later escape the Sisters and move back into her family home she moved back to her family home. She later ran away to the Farm in fear of the Black Hood coming after her and her babies. She plans on raising her kids by herself as she cannot stand the toxic environment that is sure to follow her family.
- Betty Cooper — Betty is the last-born child of Alice and Hal Cooper, and is related to the Blossom Family via her Great-Grandfather. She currently attends Riverdale High, where she is a River Vixen and runs the school newspaper.
- Note: Dashed lines indicate confirmed parentage out of wedlock. Standalone members of the family have yet to be identified as to how they are connected within the family tree, but are confirmed to be from the Blossom lineage.
- The Blossoms are known for their pale skin, red hair and having sets of twins.
- Jason Blossom's Memorial
- Blossom Banquet
- Blossom Tree Tapping Ceremony
- Blossom Maple Farms
- Cliff Blossom's Will-Reading
Season 1 Screencaps
Season 2 Screencaps
Season 3 Screencaps
- ↑ Murray, Greg & Turner, Devon (writers) & Araki, Gregg (director) (January 24, 2018). "Chapter Twenty-Four: The Wrestler". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 11. The CW.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Maxwell, Ross (writer) & Warn, Jesse (director) (February 23, 2017). "Chapter Five: Heart of Darkness". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 5. The CW.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Grassi, Michael (writer) & Seidenglanz, Rob (director) (May 4, 2017). "Chapter Twelve: Anatomy of a Murder". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 12. The CW.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Boucher, Shepard (writer) & Nowlan, Cherie (director) (May 9, 2018). "Chapter Thirty-Four: Judgment Night". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 21. The CW.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 DeWille, James (writer) & Rose, Lee (director) (April 6, 2017). "Chapter Nine: La Grande Illusion". Riverdale. Season 1. Episode 9. The CW.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Allen, Aaron (writer) & Piznarski, Mark (director) (March 14, 2018). "Chapter Twenty-Eight: There Will Be Blood". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 15. The CW.
- ↑ Boucher, Shepard (writer) & Seidenglanz, Rob (director) (December 13, 2017). "Chapter Twenty-Two: Silent Night, Deadly Night". Riverdale. Season 2. Episode 9. The CW.